The editor and authors of the Rocky Mountain Sign Law blog are pleased to announce that we will be participating in several upcoming programs on the topics of sign regulation and other free speech and land use matters. We hope that our readers will have the opportunity to attend or tune into one of these upcoming programs:
- On Monday, October 24, 2016 at 10:15 a.m. MT, Brian Connolly will, along with Don Elliott of Clarion Associates and Todd Messenger of Fairfield and Woods, P.C., lead a program entitled “Defining Sign & Other Pesky Sign Regulation Problems” at the 2016 annual conference of the Colorado Chapter of the American Planning Association in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
- On Wednesday, October 26, 2016, Brian Connolly will lead a two-part workshop at the 2016 Planning Michigan Annual Conference in Kalamazoo, Michigan. The first part of the workshop will be a discussion of Reed v. Town of Gilbert and some of the case law that has come down since the Supreme Court’s 2015 decision. The second part of the workshop will be a sign code “fix-it” clinic, where attendees will review their own sign codes for content neutrality and other First Amendment problems.
- On Friday, November 4, 2016, Brian Connolly will be addressing CLE International’s 22nd annual Land Use Law: How-To conference on the topic of sign regulation after Reed v. Town of Gilbert.
- On Friday, January 6, 2017, Brian Connolly will be speaking on “Update on Zoning and First Amendment Cases Since the Supreme Court’s Ruling on Sign Regulation in Reed v. Town of Gilbert” at the 34th Annual National CLE Conference in Snowmass, Colorado.
- Mark your calendar for the annual Rocky Mountain Land Use Institute conference at the University of Denver Sturm College of Law March 15-17, 2017. Brian Connolly will speak on a panel at the conference with Cameron Artigue of Gammage & Burnham about signs, free speech, religious land uses, and much more.