It’s been a little while since we’ve done a news update, but here are some of the good stories we’ve been tracking over the past several weeks:
- There’s been a big outcry over an aspiring politician’s decision to post a billboard along a state highway in Polk County, Tennessee.
- The City of Boston’s Landmarks Commission is taking up the effort to protect that city’s famous Citgo sign.
- After it was stolen, a congregation of Quakers in Syracuse had their sign returned to them.
- Folks in Downingtown, Pennsylvania got up in arms over a new digital billboard that cast too much light into a residential neighborhood.
- Valdosta, Georgia’s adoption of a new sign code was a controversial measure at a recent city council hearing.
- A local judge in Pittsburgh ordered a billboard advertiser to clean up an old sign in the city’s Mt. Washington neighborhood.
- A church that posted a message wishing Muslims a blessed Ramadan sparked some outrage in Dallastown, Pennsylvania.